Interesting Thingys is a gazette in the blog that summarizes a week of blog articles, links, specifications, demos, news or more general “thingys” that we stumble upon in our journey through the world wide web.
- Sencha Touch - a HTML5 Mobile Application Framework, version 2.0 released.
- Replacing the -9999px hack (aka new image replacement)
- CSS4 (!) Selectors
- CSS 4 Selectors - the non shortened version
- airscape - Very addicting (& rotating) HTML5 Game.
Ruby / Rails / ASP MVC
- mass-assignment vulnerability - Article about Mass-Assignment Vulnerability in Rails (“Github got hacked!”) .. Und why other web frameworks are “vulnarable” to this weakness too.
- unwind - GEM: take a url and figure out what it actually points to .. Useful for all this t.co/bit.ly/etc URLs
- html2canvas - Take a screenshot from a webpage.
- smooth.js - Library for smooth array functions, like interpolation, nearest neighbour, linear, cubic, etc .. Neat!
Webserver / Databases
- PHP 5.4.0 released! - New features: traits, shortened array syntax & a built-in webserver for testing!.
- Small teams go faster - nice presentation.
- List of Countries in all languages in various formats
- How to deal with code you don’t write - Interesting