After a recreational pause we are back with lots of thingys that gathered over the summer.
- Tessel Tessel is an Internet-connected microcontroller for software developers.
- Absolute Centering - CodePen an alternative approach
- codrops/CreativeLinkEffects An inspirational collection of experimental link effects mostly using transitions on pseudo-elements.
- HugoGiraudel/Sass-snippets A couple of Sass tricks
- Front-end performance for web designers and front-end developers – CSS Wizardry – CSS, OOCSS, front-end architecture, performance and more, by Harry Roberts It’s hard, if not impossible, to deny that performance is by far one of the most critical aspects of any decent web project, be it a small portfolio site, a mobile-first web app, right through to a full-scale ecommerce project.
- component/infinity infinite scrolling with loading and unloading.
- kenkeiter/skeuocard Skeuocard progressively enhances credit card inputs to provide a skeuomorphic interface.
- Angular Hovercard Demo a small directive for a nice hover effect
- A Guide To Designing Touch Keyboards (With Cheat Sheet) | Smashing UX Design Users interact directly with touch interfaces, which narrows the gap between human act and software response.
- Bower 1.0.0 completely rewritten
- “Grunt” your way to frontend performance optimization | Be better and faster a nice compilation
- Multi-Level Push Menu | Codrops An experimental push menu with multi-level functionality that allows endless nesting of navigation elements.
- lucb1e/cookielesscookies Demo of tracking using etags instead of cookies (or localstorage or anything else)
- operasoftware/ucss Find unused and duplicate CSS
- tsenart/vegeta HTTP load testing tool and library
- VictorBjelkholm/ngProgress Angular provider for slim loading bar at the top of the page ( inspired by https://github.com/rstacruz/nprogress )
- Niklas von Hertzen - Click heatmaps with Google Analytics with demo
- CamDavidsonPilon/Probabilistic-Programming-and-Bayesian-Methods-for-Hackers aka “Bayesian Methods for Hackers”: An introduction to Bayesian methods probabilistic programming with a computation/understanding-first, mathematics-second point of view. All in pure Python
- Bone.io - Realtime HTML5 Framework Bone.io is a lightweight framework for building high performance Realtime Single Page HTML5 Apps
- substack/webworkify launch a web worker that can require() in the browser with browserify
- substack/level-assoc relational foreign key associations (hasMany, belongsTo) for leveldb
- davidpeklak/smt simple database migrations tool. Example @ https://github.com/davidpeklak/smt-usage
- ztellman/byte-transforms methods for hashing, compressing, and encoding bytes
- lynaghk/jetty7-websockets-async Clojure core.async interface to Jetty7’s websockets.
- samsquire/ideas a record of ideas
- The future of programming - O’Reilly Radar Unraveling what programming will need for the next 10 years.
- Sublime Packages A searchable index of Sublime Text packages hosted on Github
- Vim 7.4 released With thouthands of patches
- Introducing Minion | Mozilla Security Blog Minion is a platform developed by the Security Automation team at Mozilla to enable integration and adoption of automated security testing that has been under development for the past year.
- Bret Victor - The Future of Programming on Vimeo presented at dropbox conf
- Sneak Peek: HuffPost Brings Real Time Collaboration to the Newsroom | John Pavley nice “behind the scenes” of the new upcoming huffington post editor tools
- SSH Escape Sequences (aka Kill Dead SSH Sessions) — The Lone Sysadmin what can you do with dead ssh sessions?
- Regex Crossword A crossword with regexes
- Wearables: Raspberry Pi Glass Domestic Hacks has made a 3d-printed, steampunk inspired, fabulous, wearable Pi.
Your link could be here
If we missed something special or you just want to promote a site, give us a nudge @ firstname.lastname@example.org